Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Adventure!

Here's something I've been working on for my Digital Media 2 class.
We were given the freedom to choose a certain theme, and create a digital poster based on that theme. Right away I wanted my theme to be, "Retro 3D glasses. We started off with some quick thumbnails to give our instructor an idea of what we wanted our poster to look like, and he'd give his opinion and some feedback. This is where I am so far in the digital poster, I may add more things later.  
I wish they gave out 3D glasses like these at movie theaters today. 

Photos used are stock, and the 3D dress girl photos are from etsy.


















About a week and a half ago, I was so caught up in college work, I decided I wouldn't sign into my Deviantart account until my work was finished. A week goes by, I finished what needed to be done, so I signed into Deviantart, and I found a surprise in my inbox...







My brain did some back flips, I was flabbergasted. My inner fan girl was compelling me to spill my guts and blab about how much I love his cartoon Flapjack, and how his work is a major source of inspiration. I told my inner fan girl to be quiet, Thurop Van Orman doesn't want to hear that, everyone tells him that all the time! 

You may be reading this and you're thinking, "What's the big deal?" Well, there are so many talented artists on Deviantart, that are more skilled than I am. I am so grateful to receive some words of encouragement from Thurop. No matter how simple those words were, they meant a lot to me.

So I gave a simple reply, while my inner fan girl ran off giggling like Flapjack. 














0 comments:

Post a Comment